Want to Write a Best Seller?
Novels are tough to write well, but this book gives you the blueprint: straight and simple, in twelve key steps
Don't waste time guessing. Build strong. Build smart.
Inside, you’ll learn:
- what the four primary support pillars are, and why and how you need to build those first, before tackling any other components in your novel.
- the secret to creating a riveting protagonist, and the two goals he needs to be pursuing.
- what tension really is and how to ramp it up in your novel
- how to determine if an idea has the potential to become a riveting concept with a kicker.
- the key to portraying evocative settings and how to come up with them.
- what high stakes is really all about and how to ensure your novel is exploding with them.
If you are writing a novel, or planning to write one, stop whatever you are doing right now and read The 12 Key Pillars of Novel Construction. This book is much more than your regular book on novel writing. It is a map to help you create the best novel possible."
The 12 Key Pillars of Novel Construction by C.S. Lakin is amazing! This book in not a stuffy, boring "how to write" manual. This gives concrete information on how to write a proper novel and can easily be understood by beginning writers like me. You can write your novel while reading this book."
Wow! Each time Lakin publishes another book for her Writer's Toolbox Series I wonder how she can keep publishing such GOOD material without running out of things to write and becoming redundant. Yet, another book is published that not only instructs but encourages me in my writing pursuits that is just as good if not better than the last!"
The wealth of knowledge so freely put forth in this book is like having an editor at my side as I write and revise my novel. She captures her points clearly and concisely, without unnecessary fluff, and her illustrations are fresh and capture her points in a fun, understandable way."
With a casual, 'meet-me-for-coffee-and-let's-talk' style, Lakin uncovers the flaws in many novels and provides practical steps for solving those errors. Checklists are included and printouts of these will definitely go into my writing folder. This book has prepared me to make my next novel better and stronger. Highly recommended for first-time novel writers and veteran writers alike!"